Now, I propose, is the perfect time for the American people to seal their own deal: let’s make a campaign ourselves to expire terms such as “Democrat,” “liberal,” “leftist,” and “progressive,” and let’s call it what it is: totalitarianism.
Early in the campaign that resulted in Trump’s election to the presidency, the general public formed its television-inspired consensus: “he’s too extreme” morphed into “I like him, but he goes too far,” which in turn morphed into a myriad of secondhand critiques centering in on a wariness regarding Trump’s zero tolerance for liberal double standards, the roots of which are totalitarianism.
Everything the leftists in America are doing today we have seen before. We saw it in China leading up to the communist revolution. We saw it in Germany leading up to the Nazi Party’s national takeover. The rise of totalitarianism is ever heralded by the same leftist blueprint:
- leftist infiltration of every level of government
- leftist control of the media
- indoctrination and empawning of the children to demand totalitarian policies
- concerted efforts at civilian disarmament
- transformation of speech into crime
- transformation of civil rights into special-group rights…
All of this we have seen before and we’re seeing it now as the Democratic Party works deliberately to become the Socialist Party.
But whatever they call it, it is pure totalitarianism come again.